Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The NECC 2007 is over or is it?

I was thinking about how traditional conferences that I have attended have been in the past. However, it is apparent that as I reflect on the close of the NECC 2007, I have realized that it was a unique experience because there are so many ways that people who came together in one region can stay connected. The global ramifications of a the NECC makes it the most special event that I have ever attended. I met a person from New Zealand and have the power to continue to stay in contact with her via e-mail. How awesome is that?

Furthermore, this week I have met creators of websites that have inspired my students, including the Math Cats website creator who was also a presenter. I have seen many people that I consider famous in the educational world, including creators of Brain Pop and Promethean Boards. There were even more educational giants available in the Exhibit area, including Gateway computer experts and more. In addition, the time that people have taken to show ways to be creative for the sake of children has meant the most to me. There is an old saying that the best things in life are free, but I have seen the value of this conference in more than a monetary sense. I have seen this as a way for me to develop and grow as a person. For that reason, I graciously thank all of the people who were involved in making it happen.

Techie Teacher
CTS
All rights reserved.

No comments: