Friday, June 8, 2007

BrainPop and BrainPop Jr. more than entertains






BrainPop and Brain Pop, Jr. (Fun, Educational Videos)

I am finding the NECC 2007 e-mails to be more intriguing by the day. One wonderful e-mail which discussed BrainPop and BrainPop Jr., was sent to me this morning. I found this e-mail unusually timely because I just completed a voluntary class on both of these interactive cartoons/websites in my school system this week.

I am a big Tim and Moby fan (BrainPop fan). I was pleased to see the topics of the new movies that they are releasing. Finally, something new on decimals! On the other hand, I like BrainPop Jr. too. Annie, one of the newest characters in the BrainPop family, is very easy to listen to and she has a lot of information that even middle school students would want to hear. Annie is a sassy throw back to a middle school student's primary school years (K-3 is her actual audience). She gives hefty explanations and is inquisitive enough to hold the interest of all age levels.

Finally, I am extremely pleased to say that I watch these entertaining cartoons with my math students without reservation. However, these animations have more than simple entertainment value. They are very educational and I know my students get a lot out of them. If you have not mentioned to your school system that they should join this phenomenal website, then I suggest you do so. These educational cartoons add flavor to my lesson plans because they spawn discussion and give a twist to all subjects. They are also aligned with the curriculums of most if not all states. I cannot wait to visit this booth at the NECC.
The images are courtesy of the BrainPop and BrainPop, Jr.
All rights reserved to personal opinions regarding BrainPop and BrainPop Jr.



No comments: